Friday, August 22, 2014

Bleary

I just received a voicemail from my nephew. Hi Ted, this is Griffonian, it began. Griffonian is his new name, to which he will change officially on his 18th birthday this September. He feels it better suits his "adventurous and spiritual" nature. His old name was foisted on him, "like the Nazis imposed identities." He said he has been "closeted" as Griffonian when I suggested he wait a bit to make it official.

At any rate, Griffonian had phoned to let me know that he had gone to the high school and been amazed by God's grace. Somehow this connected with the anecdote that he had spotted a very fat man in a very small Speedo. He said the man was so large, you could not really see the Speedo. He said he had worked on some "restorative spiritual measures" with the man. Sign-off, Namaste. I don't think I have had enough coffee to make sense of all this yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home